• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight Loss Stall

Jm1014us

Hello everyone I had surgery on June 22nd and weighed in at 382.5. One week post op I weighed in at 359. I’ve been stuck at 359 since then. I’m eating less than 600 calories a day and walk 30 minutes daily. When can I expect to start losing??? I’m frustrated!!!

Hello everyone I had surgery on June 22nd and weighed in at 382.5. One week post op I weighed in at 359. I’ve been stuck at 359 since then. I’m eating less than 600 calories a day and walk 30 minutes daily. When can I expect to start losing??? I’m frustrated!!!
Yes, the 3rd-4th week stall hits most new WLS patients. As long as you are getting in at least 60g of protein and 64-80ozs of water daily, and continuing your walking, the stall will pass and the weight will once again begin dropping off.

Meanwhile, congrats on your amazing beginning weight loss. Way to go!

Yes, the 3rd-4th week stall hits most new WLS patients. As long as you are getting in at least 60g of protein and 64-80ozs of water daily, and continuing your walking, the stall will pass and the weight will once again begin dropping off.

Meanwhile, congrats on your amazing beginning weight loss. Way to go!
Thank you!

Back