• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

weight loss

Hello I had Bypass Oct 22, 2012 so not quite 3 months yet. I started riding and exercise bike after I felt better. Had two surgeries one was my bowels 2 days later. So I took a little longer healing. But doc said I should walk. Went to look at treadmills & came home with a stationary bike. I ride it every night. At least half and hour & if I am not to tired I do more. I love to walk too but in Ohio its not the best weather right now. Besides I intend to buy a new out door bike in the Spring. I think exercise is the key to staying and getting fit. Any amount I started off with like 10 minutes. So what kinds of exercise do you enjoy? does it effect your weight loss?

Angie

I had my surgery October 1, 2012 and within the last three weeks I've finally got my energy back, I've joined curves I love it, I go 4 days a week and I have a treadmill I do 2 miles on a day, I love the energy I have now it's great

6 weeks later and am just getting some energy back. I was forced to load wood in a wheelbarrel and then put in garage for a few days fires. I would have to sit down on the bumper to get my bearings again and then push on. Last few days, I feel pretty well, drive etc. Did some target practice yesterday and did ok. Hope the progress continues!

I use my indoor exercycle, my apartment building has a fitness center on the first floor-which I use the treadmills 3 times per week. Hubby take me out places and I wear my fitbit to keep track of my steps in the stores, etc. I also have a DVD called "Chair Boxing"-it is great and I will be adding that to my routines off and on just to keep my variety of exercise.

Carol

CAROLF5 hi I have never heard of the chair boxing dvd where did you find that at? you're doing good on your weight loss, congratulations
Donna

wow thats a lot of work there. I know it takes time but when you get your energy back wow. It feels great. You'll be fine good luck

Back