• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight regain

Hi y’all. My name is Patti. I had a gastric sleeve done in 2013. No complications and the weight fell off. Great except my husbands job transferred us 2 months later. I had 2 post op visits and then new state, new job, no family or friends for support. I dropped 110 pounds but here I am 7 years later regaining 70. I feel horrible. Is that pouch reset a real thing. I feel like a ruined a great opportunity with my sleeve. Are resections possible? Is bypass the only option? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the group Patti. Yes the pouch reset Is For Real. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where all the postings are listed, where it says What's New. And you will see a resource titled five day pouch reset. Give it a try. And also you might want to get a journal. You're going through a lot of really strong feelings and you had a lot of upheaval in your life. Write down all your feelings about that and also write down where you think you might have gone wrong. In that I mean what did you eat and when did you eat it and how did you feel afterward? Try to get in touch with all those feelings and then give yourself permission to forgive yourself and let those feelings go. I'm going to say more later but I'm at the laundromat now. Again, welcome to your group.

Back