• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight stalling!?

Hi everyone!! New here and very thankful I have found this group!! So many questions and worries issued by others have already been addressed and made me feel much better!
I had surgery 11/18/19, 13 days ago... I know everyone’s journey is differ but has anyone had weight drop stalling this early after surgery? And if you had weight how long was yours for?
trying to keep the positive vibes going but so soon after it’s hard!

Hi everyone!! New here and very thankful I have found this group!! So many questions and worries issued by others have already been addressed and made me feel much better!
I had surgery 11/18/19, 13 days ago... I know everyone’s journey is differ but has anyone had weight drop stalling this early after surgery? And if you had weight how long was yours for?
trying to keep the positive vibes going but so soon after it’s hard!
Hi Mandy & welcome. Which surgery did you have? At 13 days, you could still be holding onto fluids from your surgery.

It sounds to me like you're probably weighing yourself too often. My advice would be to only get on the scale once a week. I know it's hard to resist doing it more often but there are normal day-to-day fluctuations that can mess with your head. I actually keep my scale on a shelf in the closet until my weigh-in on Friday mornings.

Good luck and please keep writing, we look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Back