• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight Watchers

I reached my goal weight of 132 within one year of my surgery. Three years after surgery I quit smoking and regained 50 pounds in two years. I have joined weight watchers, and although I am losing weight ( 14 pounds in two months), I am having difficulty getting enough protein.) I don't know how to make the weight watchers points system work with my bariatric diet.

Lean protein is probably very low in WW points. Tuna, shrimp, turkey etc. Even if they aren't, you should be using your points to first get your protein. Vegetables next and healthy carbs for any points you have left.

Healthy eating habits do not change. And weight watchers has been considered a healthy program to use by the medical profession for years. All foods can be a part of a balanced diet, as long as you're actually balancing your intake.

Congrats on losing all that weight AND on quitting smoking! Neither is easy. And also, good on you for taking control of your weight again so quickly!!

hi angel fan,
congratulations on quitting smoking and losing weight. quitting smoking is a huge accomplishment! and the weight loss is amazing!

after looking at your post i decided to check out tictok to see what folks are eating. what i see a lot of people on ww do is profees in the morning. i am not sure about now as the program changes from time to time. my understanding is that a premier protein shake or fair life is 2-3 three points mixed with black coffee and ice-you have 30 grams right there . again not sure about the current points system or program so please double check.

snacks like turkey pepperoni, laughing cow cheese, lite string cheese-dont think those are high point items but they are good protein snacks. one woman had quest protein chips and protein bars. lean deli meat like smoked turkey/ham. lots of eggs scrambled and hard boiled. greek yogurts are also wonderful (oikos triple zero or dannon light and fit greek)

missy gave some wonderful suggestions above. protein and veggies first and you will hit your protein goals and continue to do amazing on your ww program!! you got this girl!!!

Last edited:
Back