• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weightloss stall

Hi, i am 5 wks post op from haveing the sleeve. I lost 23 pounds right off the bat. But for the last three weeks I have lost nothing and have gained a pound then back down. I have called my NUT and she hasnt called me back yet. I am just really having an awful time and starting to regret spending thousands of dollars feeling that I have not made things any better for myself. Any advice would be greatly accepted.

Hi! Don't despair. This is how it goes.. drop some weight then the body adjusts. You will plateau. Then drop more weight. It's a cycle. Change your diet around, change your exercise. This may help you break the plateau. Your body doesn't understand what's going on. It thinks you might starve so it's trying to hang on to your weight. I used to eat salads with chicken in it 3 times a day when I was trying to break a plateau. Eat a little more, eat a little less. Eat more protein. Try different things, eventually you will have a drop in weight again. Don't worry.. just keep on your diet. You will lose weight!

Cheyenne

There is a great video that explains this on you tube. It is also available via my dr office website. Www.nwh.org. Select gasric surgery then obesity, videos. It is about 'set point'. Worth the 4 minutes of viewing for all who had or are planning to have surgery

Back