• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weird Post Op Pain....

So I am 9 days post op from LGS. Pain after that first 30 hours has been pretty much minimal 2-3/10 and mostly when I twist a hair too far or try to take a slightly too big sip. However this am I woke with pain in the back of my neck, upper back, and epigastric/sternum area. I was thinking this is normal areas for pain post laparoscopic surgery but it seems weird this far out. Anyone else experience this?

So I am 9 days post op from LGS. Pain after that first 30 hours has been pretty much minimal 2-3/10 and mostly when I twist a hair too far or try to take a slightly too big sip. However this am I woke with pain in the back of my neck, upper back, and epigastric/sternum area. I was thinking this is normal areas for pain post laparoscopic surgery but it seems weird this far out. Anyone else experience this?
I agree that it sounds like gas pain but it couldn't hurt to call the doctor in the morning for peace of mind.

I called the doctor and we tried a muscle relaxer and gas x and that didn’t help so I called him again and he ordered some labs and esophagram. Well turns out it was a perforation in my stomach. It is contained so we are trying antibiotics and repeating the esophagram on Friday to see if it goes down some. If it doesn’t well I guess we will cross that bridge then I guess. I’m a bit down at this point. Things seem to be not going as I expected.

Oh no. I'm certainly glad that the doctors know what is going on at least. Sometimes things go undetected for a while, either the patient is afraid to make a fuss or the doctor doesn't take them seriously. I'm happy for you that this will be resolved. I'm sure it is an interesting time to be in the hospital for sure, what state are you from?

Oh no. I'm certainly glad that the doctors know what is going on at least. Sometimes things go undetected for a while, either the patient is afraid to make a fuss or the doctor doesn't take them seriously. I'm happy for you that this will be resolved. I'm sure it is an interesting time to be in the hospital for sure, what state are you from?
Texas. I work in the ER of the hospital I’m admitted to. It has been very crazy here.

Back