• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Well that's different

I spent hours in my nutrition class today with a nurse and dietician. It was very informative and interesting. After reading so much about everyone's pre-op diets and the stages of the diets after surgery, I expected it to go something like this: clear liquids, all liquids, pureed, soft foods, regular food. Well, my program bypasses the first two! Day one, I will have ice chips and water and gatorade. Day two I will start with pureed food! Of course they prefaced this with the fact that if your stomach doesn't want the pureed food you can do more liquids but we have to try to get some of the pureed food in us. Found that interesting. Not what I was expecting at all. But that is okay. I will take their plan and follow it as much as my body will allow me to.

I'm super pumped about the upcoming surgery. So much so that I had to blast "Jump in the Line" by Harry Belafonte and dance it out because there was so much happiness bubbling up. Of course that was Sunday night and now I am having oh-so-much fun with pre-op diet. But that's ok. It is all a part of the journey. I just can't wait to get out of the shadows and dance in the sunshine! :p

I spent hours in my nutrition class today with a nurse and dietician. It was very informative and interesting. After reading so much about everyone's pre-op diets and the stages of the diets after surgery, I expected it to go something like this: clear liquids, all liquids, pureed, soft foods, regular food. Well, my program bypasses the first two! Day one, I will have ice chips and water and gatorade. Day two I will start with pureed food! Of course they prefaced this with the fact that if your stomach doesn't want the pureed food you can do more liquids but we have to try to get some of the pureed food in us. Found that interesting. Not what I was expecting at all. But that is okay. I will take their plan and follow it as much as my body will allow me to.

I'm super pumped about the upcoming surgery. So much so that I had to blast "Jump in the Line" by Harry Belafonte and dance it out because there was so much happiness bubbling up. Of course that was Sunday night and now I am having oh-so-much fun with pre-op diet. But that's ok. It is all a part of the journey. I just can't wait to get out of the shadows and dance in the sunshine! :p

I'm completely thrilled for you Miss!!! Hehehe... dancing is the most appropriate response to this kind of new "beginning". ;)

Very cool that you can start on pureed food so quickly too. It's crazy how all our programs differ so much.

Back