• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What All Have You Lost Besides Weight?

What All Have You Lost Besides Weight?

• Diabetes

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Arthritis

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • High Cholesterol

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • GERD

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Gallbladder Disease

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Sleep Apnea

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Asthma

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Mobility Aids (Walker, Scooter, Cane)

• Nothing

• Total voters

Kevin

Staff member
If you've had some form of bariatric surgery, what other problems, symptoms, or behaviors have gone away? Any members can vote on the poll.

If you've lost something that isn't listed, let us know and maybe we can get it added to the poll.

Maybe add "joint pain". I still have arthritis but the joint pain is a lot less. Also, might still have some sleep apnea but hubby says "snoring" is better....lol

Joint pain, but is worse this month. I think is clued to the weather and this horrible winter we are having. That and my issues with not working out. I am not doing the heated therapy pool and working all those joints. Ya think I might need to go back to the gym?

Here is my list of maladies that have been dramatically reduced or disappeared entirely:

Medical/Physical Maladies that have been resolved to date

• Diabetes resolved – off all meds, avg reading 110
• BP normal again – I am still taking bystolic 5mg. Resting pulse is around 60 and BP near or below 120/80. Without the bystolic my resting pulse is still in the 60s. However, my BP goes up to the high 130s/high 80s.
• Sleep Apnea resolved – I am not snoring nor do I believe I am stopping breathing. I will confirm this later this year. The air pressure from the CPAP machine was making me very uncomfortable; lots of burping. I need to make another appointment with Dr. Matus.
• Legs no longer swollen
• Waist size has shrunk – Wearing size 44 pants comfortably and just made it into 42 pants.
• Feet are smaller – I was able to put a pair of dress shoes on that I haven’t been able to wear.
• I stay under 1200 calories a day. Most days around 1000 calories.
• I have a lot more energy
• I can dance, dance and dance
• I can walk up neighborhood hills without having to stop; no longer breathless.
• My incontinence due to my prostatectomy has been resolved.
• I am able to sleep in my bed again. I had been sleeping In an upright chair to be comfortable.
• Dramatically reduced backaches; almost completely gone.

Back