• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What is this?!

Kcuster83

Hunger?
I haven't felt this feeling in months! haha
I ate kinda crappy over the weekend and BOY DID I PAY!! My stomach was so cramped the last few days. I won't get into details but at one point I thought about going to the ER. I had so much pain in my intestines! Anyway, Monday night into yesterday was the worse! Doubled over in pain. LESSON LEARNED
So, yesterday I decided to do shakes ONLY to give my guts a break and a chance to calm down.
I had 1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch but went to paint night and got home later than expected so I never had a 3rd one for dinner. I woke up HUNGRY!
First time feeling hunger since surgery, it was NO where near as intense as before surgery but hunger none the less.
Had my morning shake and good to go.

It may be worth a trip to the doc to make sure it is not your gallbladder. Issues with gallbladder are very common following WLS. Better to be proactive with it than having an emergency.
I feel drastically better today, and on preventative gall stone medication prescribed by my surgeon. He has you on them for 6 months for that exact reason. But, I have my 6 month follow up this Friday and planned on bringing it up anyway.

My husband just had to have hos gallbladder removed recently. He only had one attack but apparently, he had many small gallstones that had blocked his duct. By the time it was caught and they removed his gallbladder, the tissue was completely dead and had gangrene.

It is very smart of your doctor to give preventative meds for that. I may suggest that to our program at his follow up, which is today.

My husband just had to have hos gallbladder removed recently. He only had one attack but apparently, he had many small gallstones that had blocked his duct. By the time it was caught and they removed his gallbladder, the tissue was completely dead and had gangrene.

It is very smart of your doctor to give preventative meds for that. I may suggest that to our program at his follow up, which is today.
Oh man, glad he is ok!
Apparently it is common for surgeons to prescribe it as a preventative medicine. I have seen it a lot on different forums. I have a few more weeks worth and then I will officially be off ALL medications! Then just my vitamins, I am excited for it. haha

I’m glad you’re feeling better. I must have an obsession with food because all I can think about is “WHAT did you eat over the weekend? Was it super good?”

My food cravings are increasing lately. Yesterday I gave in and had half of a bagel with cream cheese. I ate it really slow and it digested fine. The other night I ate too many french fries and they did not sit well. It’s funny how we learn the hard way.

I want to suggest that food cravings are not always a bad thing. Sometimes it's just your body telling you you're hungry.

You can plan in advance for these moments, making healthy snacks or having ingredients on hand to create something you don't feel guilty about. Guilt and shame are part of every eating disorder, and if you're overweight, believe me, you have an eating disorder.

That's okay. A huge portion of the earth's population has an eating disorder. Being aware of it allows you to accept it as part of who you are, like any other aspect of who you are. Don't make it bigger than it is. Just accept it and if you can, plan for it.

I'm not talking about "fat acceptance." I'm talking about embracing truth and making decisions based on your goals and your love of yourself.

Some people meditate, or go for a walk, or go shopping, or write a book, or draw or paint pictures. You can replace a negative with a positive. Even if you're not powerful, your brain is, so let it be your leader.

Back