• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What to expect?

woodhouseamy79

Hi all!

I am new here. My wife and I are both scheduled for gastric bypass Tuesday morning. Can you all give some tips or information that others may have forgotten to tell you but you wish you would have known? We have researched and listened to all the experts but I am now curious to hear what others would say that have been through it.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Congrats on the surgery.

As far as what to expect it is different for everyone. I had surgery a couple of weeks ago and was up and walking within a few hours. I haven't had any pain. The only thing that truly shocked me is how difficult it is to get enough water in the first days. If you listen to your team and follow all directions everything will be fine. Hope this helps

Best wishes

You can search any past posting on any specific subject in each forum. You will find a wealth of information much faster than just posting a question and waiting for a response but either way is good.

Back