• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

When did you start weighing yourself?

Curious as to when others began weighing in/logging weight? My bariatrics center suggested after 6 weeks to lose the IV and fluids weight from surgery. I feel like 6 weeks is a super long time?

They also told me I'll lose inches first before pounds so to keep watching my pants fit more loose. I'm only 10 days after surgery so a newbie to this. But also eager to want to weigh in more. I did weigh in after I got home and I was almost 3 pounds heavier, understandably due to what my doctor had said.

When did you guys start weighing in/logging? Do you agree I should wait 6 weeks?

Everyone's body reacts differently, I was the same weight three days after surgery, stayed that way for a while, then started losing weight. Please don't be discouraged right now, I know it's so hard not to but please try to keep the faith. If you follow your program's instructions, you'll lose weight. And maybe stay off the scale? Focus on healing and feeling better right now, the rest will come in time. Care for yourself as you would a loved one right now, it's so helpful to healing to be kind to yourself.

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to reach out to the admin team regarding the possibility of purchasing backlinks for my website. I'm looking to boost its visibility and traffic, and I believe backlinks could really help with that.

I'm willing to pay a fair price for quality backlinks, and I'm open to discussing the details further. Here are a few examples of the kind of links I'm interested in:

naked
Contact
Chapter 460 (H?t)

If anyone from the admin team is interested in discussing this further, please feel free to shoot me a message in the DMs. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks a bunch!

Curious as to when others began weighing in/logging weight? My bariatrics center suggested after 6 weeks to lose the IV and fluids weight from surgery. I feel like 6 weeks is a super long time?

They also told me I'll lose inches first before pounds so to keep watching my pants fit more loose. I'm only 10 days after surgery so a newbie to this. But also eager to want to weigh in more. I did weigh in after I got home and I was almost 3 pounds heavier, understandably due to what my doctor had said.

When did you guys start weighing in/logging? Do you agree I should wait 6 weeks?
I started the week after my surgery and try to once a week.

i started weighing myself daily since surgery unless im in a stall. When in a stall i get frustrates when the scale doesnt move so i go for about a weekly weigh in. More importantly than the scale is your bloodwork, and measurements. Be sure to take measurements with a tape measure.

More importantly than the scale is your bloodwork, and measurements. Be sure to take measurements with a tape measure.
ABSOLUTELY!!! Think about it. Numbers don't relate to size. We all have seen people whose weight doesn't match their figures. It is SO rewarding to get that tape measure out and document the size of your thighs, upper arms, waist, hips, because you WILL see the numbers decrease, even if by millimeters or 8ths of inches.

But being obsessed with the number is part of unhealthy thinking that exists in every kind of eating disorder. Try shifting your obsession from being worried about the number to counting your steps or mileage, the number of minutes you spend meditating on positive thoughts and affirmations, and even better, let go of obsessing about yourself and get into volunteer activities to help people with fewer resources than you have. We so easily fall into being self-absorbed, we find it hard to get out of and focus on the truly important issues of the day.

I didn't weigh at all because I knew I had an unhealthy obsession with the scale, and that 99 percent of home scales are INACCURATE. I let my doctor weigh me and it was like waiting for Christmas every time I went for a follow-up. Of course, I was also in a university study so I was frequently being tested and going through activities that were measured and then measured again, but that really didn't make any difference. My weight melted off like crazy for a while, and then.... a horrible, long stall. I broke the stall only by starting hiking religiously. But everyone has a different experience. It's best just to work on being honest and calm.

And write EVERYTHING down, even tiny crumbs on a plate or "tasting" for seasoning while cooking. Developing honesty is harder than changing your style of eating.

Back