• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

When will I begin to enjoy eating food again?

Aleighc90

Hi guys it’s me again. I’m 7 days post op I’m feeling better today and was able to eat scrambled eggs this morning but it felt weird and I didn’t enjoy it.
When will I be able to enjoy foods again? That I liked in the past?
I know everyone’s experience is different but I would love to get some feedback.

I’m 8 weeks out and eating regular food and enjoying it. My tastes have changed a bit, like having no desire to eat anything sweet, which I think of as positive. Things turned around when I could eat soft foods, which I really enjoyed.

I was wondering has anyone's taste changed to where you like something you didn't like before? I'm a picky eater and have been my whole life. My parents and sister eat everything and thin (not my dad, but not as overweight as me). I can't eat oatmeal, most melons, hate all seafood and don't like most vegetables. I'm worried about being limited even more due to my dislikes than someone who eats everything.

I was wondering has anyone's taste changed to where you like something you didn't like before? I'm a picky eater and have been my whole life. My parents and sister eat everything and thin (not my dad, but not as overweight as me). I can't eat oatmeal, most melons, hate all seafood and don't like most vegetables. I'm worried about being limited even more due to my dislikes than someone who eats everything.
I didn’t like seafood before my surgery but now I prefer it. My tastebuds changed a lot post surgery.

Hello I just had surgery on 11/15/2022. I am still on liquid diet did liquid diet two weeks prior to surgery this is the 5th day since I had surgery this is kind a struggle I wish I can eat a nugget but I'm in phase one did anyone eat before time. I heard of dumping syndrome didn't want be messing anything up .

Back