• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Why is everyone losing weight faster then me?

Carcia

I had surgery on 12-12 they weighed me before surgery and I was 305 I am now 10 days out and am only at 296. Is it just me or does it seem like my weight loss is lagging? Is this normal?

Are you swollen or were you? Weight taken from the hospital can be a BIG factor (as I'm learning!). I think it's a great amount; the perfect amount! ;) Keep going.

2-4 lbs a week, or 8-16 a week is what my bariatric center taught us. You are down 8/9 lbs in 10 days. Think about how good you are going to feel at 3 mo, 6 mo...it is hard not to focus on the number. Heal first and then exercise a bunch. No cookies this Christmas for us!

I guess I just thought I would lose a ton of weight right away.... a little bummed and looking at peoples numbers on here im WAY behind. I don't know why? I guess I should just be happy that im losing weight at all, I mean atleast I'm under 300 finally. :D

hi ..i had mysurgery a day after you .. i lost about the same , my doctore told me i still have alote of surgery fluid in me and we still arent getting aroung and exercizing yet b/c we just had surgery ..be patient ..hope that helps

Yeah that helps out a lot thanks! Ive been having some problems getting protein in, so maybe my utter lack of calories and basically just living on broth and water could be hurting me more then helping? I have no clue..... I just want to be successful. Im tired of being the one who isn't asked to be in group photos! guess I just hit that depression stage my doc was talking about? but its nice to have a place to turn to for support. Thanks guys! :(

Carcia-Everyone loses weight at different rates but I think your weight loss is doing just fine. It's possible that you retained some weight from IV fluids while in the hospital too so the scale is just now catching up to actual pounds of fat that you have lost. Br happy as long as the scale is moving in the right direction :) :) :)

Back