• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Why the king of burgers hates me

I posted yesterday about dealing with difficult people. I want to share one way I used to deal with the drive-thru, after ordering, waiting behind other drivers and paying for my food.

Then I get this cheery little person who says, "If you'll just pull up to that space, we'll bring your food right out!"

No. I tell the poor kid I'd rather wait right at the window, as I'd done for decades, thank you.

I've had cashiers run for a supervisor who'd then tell me that I need. to. pull. forward. NOW.

Nope. I chose this joint, I waited in line, I spoke into the clown or screen, I'm willing to be overcharged for grunt food, and this is supposed to be fast food.

"But the cars behind you..."

"I should pull up so they get their food BEFORE me, or so they can also pay and also be told to pull forward? So whatever corporate overlords can make billions more dollars while they rudely guide us like sheep into a pen? No."

I was always soft-spoken but assertive, smiling but standing up for myself, and I did feel a little bad for the cars behind me.

I don't do drive-thrus anymore. In fact, if I wanted a cheeseburger, I'd pull in, park and go in. I'd get my dinner faster at the counter and wouldn't have to wait in a line of cars.

I'm not letting people push me into a cage anymore.

Last edited:
I never go to the drive thrus . Half the time I either get something I didn’t order or they just get the order wrong.

p.s. I got a burger from Carl’s Jr. yesterday with the bun because it looked so good instead I wanted to vomit while eating it . It just sucked. I don’t even like them lettuce wrapped .so I won’t be going there again. In n Out does their burgers better lettuce wrapped even though I’m not a fan of their burgers either but the wife likes to go there sometimes

Isn't that some BS anyway? They move you up so their "time" looks good to corporate. As if I'm not still actually waiting just because I'm not at the window? And I agree Bill. Fast food is now pretty disgusting to me anyway. It's kinda sad lol
So far I have not had ANY craving for fast food. I have eaten Taco Bell pintos & cheese, and I've thought about grilled salmon or shrimp from Cap'n D's, a local fast food place with mostly fried but some grilled seafood. Mickey D's, BK, and other greasy fast food burger joints sound pretty gross to me. I hope I feel that way long term, and maybe lose my sweet tooth along the way.

Back