• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

wire wrapping

Kathi_S

Years ago I taught myself how to wire wrap jewelry. Now I with the exception of a few rings from my husband, everything I wear I made!

These are just a few of my faves.

Attachments

• 1627665189442.jpg
    1627665189442.jpg
    905.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 1627665137083.jpg
    1627665137083.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 71
  • 1627665102223.jpg
    1627665102223.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 79
Thanks everyone! My mom told me when I was in my 20s that I did not have a creative bone in my body. I've spent the rest of my life trying to prove her wrong!

Sometimes the things people say to hurt us end up making us a lot stronger than we would have been if they had kept their mouths shut!
Moms can be mean sometimes. I am glad you felt challenged to prove her wrong. My mom lived in her own reality. If you told her the north won the civil war she would deny it. If you showed her in books that the north won, she would say the book was wrong. She told me, you weren’t planned you were an accident. Then she would say I love you. I didn’t and still question if she did love me. She passed in 2013. I felt she was telling me I ruined her life, she got pregnant with me at 15 and had to quit school. I was born a month after she turned 16. She refused to marry my father because she got pregnant. Sometimes she made it sound like she was taken advantage of blaming it on alcohol. I was her experiment at being a parent, I was the one punished for everything that went wrong even if I didn’t do it or my sisters did it. They learned early on they could get away with everything.

Back