• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wish Me Luck

debivc78

Waiting to see my surgeon for the third time now to try to get him to re-do my by-pass. First one was done in 1993.
I lost over 200 lbs but then over the last 18 years I have gained it almost all back.
A back injury and a surgery on my leg kept me down for 6 months both times
and unable to truly exercise for even longer.

And as we all know sitting on your a** eating is a recipe for disaster.
So here I am all hopeful that my joining this and a FB support group will help
my case and he will agree to do the surgery again.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! I HAD MY GASTRIC BYPASS DONE IN 1985 I STARTED AT 501 NOW I AM AT 240 I ALSO HAD BACK SURGERIES IN FACT 3 OF THEM AND 4 CHILDREN.I started having problems swallowing and even breathing sometimes so I worked with this dr in my own town that was a bad choice and then I started losing 26lbs In 1 week I got real worried so I decided to go for a second opinion.and right away he knew what it was he just did a gastric bypass revised on sept.19 2013 I go back for my 2week post up on sept.14 2013 now im down to 187 I realy just wanted to swallow again and to be able to breath now im just losing weight which is good just having a hard time drinking 48oz of water each day

Jamie.. Glad you are doing so well! I had a hard time drinking so much too. Everytime I drank after the surgery I felt so sick and full. It did get better with time though, thank goodness. Good Luck!!

Back