• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wondering how long to plan to be out of work post-surgery

TeeJay63

Wondering how long to plan to be out of work post-surgery. I am having the RNY laparoscopically, and I am trying to give my boss an idea of how long I might be out of the office. I do computer work with little to no lifting or physical activity. Any ideas?

Most people are out 2 weeks. I had complications. I was out for 6 weeks.

Wondering how long to plan to be out of work post-surgery. I am having the RNY laparoscopically, and I am trying to give my boss an idea of how long I might be out of the office. I do computer work with little to no lifting or physical activity. Any ideas?

I was told 2 weeks also the 2 weeks light duty. I have talked with people that had desk jobs that went back earlier. Depends on your healing but I would tell my boss 2 weeks and you will come back earlier if your up to it.. Just stay in contact with your boss.

I took three weeks, I work in a school and I'm on the feet just about the whole time. And I'm glad I did, I want to be ready when I go back,

I am out for three weeks.i have been pain free now for the last four days. My surgeon did not want me back to work until I was at the pureed/soft food stage.

I go back to work on Thursday, I will let you know how it goes, although I have changed my sleeping habit, going g to bed later and sleeping in later, Thursday probably won't be the best lol

I go back to work on Thursday, I will let you know how it goes, although I have changed my sleeping habit, going g to bed later and sleeping in later, Thursday probably won't be the best lol
So my first two days back to work were crazy, I went on a field trip the first day and that included alot of walking and an hour drive there and back, but I survived, but now work is the same as it has always been, just trying to get my fluids in, have to remember to always have my drink in my hand, I started drinking hot caffeine free tea during the day, that goes down really nice, I do love water but it was getting old, I still drink water but not as much,

I had surgery on Jan. 10th and went back to work the following Mon. I work on a computer all the time and I work from home 3 days a week. I did work from home that entire week following surgery. No issues, no pain. My doctor said as long as I had a drink handy, I could go back to work the week after surgery.

Back