• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

wONDERING

IreneT

I just had my surgery this past Wednesday. Had open bypass (rous en y); along with my gallbladder being taken out - I had gallstones. I am home already. The biggest problem I have is that I have this horrible phloem cough constantly. Very loose. When I was in hospital they told me it was from being intubated and out. Low grade fever - very like 99.5 tonight. Constant cough which doesn't help soreness from surgery. Has anyone else experienced this postop?? I'm brand new here and will be reading, listening and joining in, I hope.

Any answers would be appreciated. Drinking as much as I can. I have NO appetite - first time in as long as I can remember.

Thanks!

Joe

did you get a breathing exercise thing from the hospital. You should be using that ofter. You have to build your lungs back up after surgery.

Keep in touch with your doctor, while this is common after surgery it can lead to complications. Try and cough up as much of the "stuff" as you can, and I think exercise helps. It does get better.

Yeah, you need one of those things where you blow into it and make the ball go up. great exercise for your lungs.

Back