• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

WOOHOO!!!!

Kcuster83

I have 1 class to go to finish up all of my insurance and pre-approval requirements so they allowed me to SCHEDULE MY PRE-SURGICAL APPOINTMENT!!
I was worried about everything being cancelled because of COVID (which I know it still could) but for now they are still scheduling surgeries! Feb. 23rd for my pre-surgery appointment and I am so excited! :):):):):)

What do you mean by a “class”? Are you required to take an instructional class? I have never heard of this.
Yes. I am required to have a psych evaluation, 2 dietician appointments, and go through a series of 7 classes. The classes are pretty basic, but teach you how to read labels, teach about serving sizes and calories and "good carbs" vs. bad carbs. Good sugars/bad sugars. All that kind of stuff and then the last few are classes are pre-op stuff like the diet they put you on. Post-op steps and food stages of how to ease back into solid foods. They also throw an exercise class in there. Etc. I don't know if it is required by my insurance or a State by State requirement. Or, if just the bariatric center I am going through requires it.

Did they require a lot of physical tests? Did they require a stress test or a sleep study?
I only needed the 2 I mentioned above or my GI tract. I wasn't required to have a stress test pr sleep study, but I believe it is case by case as to which tests apply to you because they were mentioned in some paperwork. I required the GI tests because I have SEVERE GERD. The surgeon wanted to make sure there wasn't any obvious reasons that he may be able to correct while he was in there, and to see the extent of damage it has done which may cause me or him problems during/after surgery. I have no other medical problems other than the GERD so I assume that is why I didn't need any of the other tests. I assume I would have full on pre-op testing completed before surgery though, like any other surgery.

I have 1 class to go to finish up all of my insurance and pre-approval requirements so they allowed me to SCHEDULE MY PRE-SURGICAL APPOINTMENT!!
I was worried about everything being cancelled because of COVID (which I know it still could) but for now they are still scheduling surgeries! Feb. 23rd for my pre-surgery appointment and I am so excited! :):):):):)
Congrats on getting your surgery date! Yay!

Back