• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

workouts gone wrong

I need a little help here. I am having workout problems. First I was walking/jogging and became physically ill. It was a pure shock, I was fine then I am bowing to a porcelain bowl. The next workout I am swimming laps and doing great and I get a nose bleed like never before. It took about 10 minutes to get it to stop. Friday I was jogging stairs and my legs just gave out. Now my legs are so sore and what is worse when I walk my muscle will just stop working and down I go. I am going to call the doctor in the morning because I am stressing.

My question is has anyone else encountered these types of things and know what could cause such things to occur. I am just starting to get into shape and do not want to mess up now.

Help advice needed please

Magnesium and or salt and dehydration would be my best guess for the cramping, also it has a big effect on nerve and heart beat function too. Most people don't get enough in my humble opinion. Nose bleed can come from dry conditioned air or high blood pressure, maybe you are over doing the exercise thing. I would stick with walking for a while, if I were you and get a blood pressure monitor if you don't already have one.

good luck

okay
update: I was told to get this (slow down) ahh never been told that before. Yes!!! I pulled a muscle and with the level of workout I need more protein or I will regret it. OOOPs okay so I added a shake a day mixed with milk. I get to start working out again this weekend. I want so bad to run a 5k in October but was told not to push to hard or I could make things worse. I will jog a little more everyday and if need be walk part of the 5k. However, I will do a 5k full on running before it is over with. I have promised myself that. I feel like I have been given a pardon from fat jail and now I want to be mobile!

FREEDOM :)

Hi there,

It's been a few years since you last posted, how have things been for you?

Reading through everything I was thinking that you were pushing yourself to an extreme and that you needed some blood work done. I have an Iron and a Vitamin B (something) deficiency. Which was why I was so tired all of the time. I always thought it was due to my thyroid disease but, lo and behold it was just something as simple as Iron and Vitamin B. The iron I take as a liquid, and the B vitamins are chewable tablets. Makes all the difference in the world.

Going hard is great, but knowing limits is crucial. I work out to Jillian Michaels DVD's because they are intense enough to work me out, but not so hard that I feel like I am going to pass out. I do extra cardio and ab work but everything is done at certain times of the day. The morning is cardio and abs before work, to get me going. The cardio and strength training is done in the afternoon. On my 'rest' days I still do cardio and abs, but a lighter version than normal, and I do yoga/stretching videos to keep myself fluid and relieve stress from my body.

Debbie

Back