• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROXANNE

I am afraid i have messed up by drinking sodas.i have not los any weight in 3 months.
Can somebody relate to this.

from what I have read, soda pop has nothing to do with no weight loss but has to do with stomach filling with gas and can stretch your pouch. Why are you drinking soda pop? What are you eating, weighing and measuring your food so you can see where things are not going well. Some talk about weight plateaus so maybe that is it but remember that gastric by pass only has you lose about 60% of you weight, the other 40% is totally up to you. What I do not understand is if you are eating less, then why not lose weight OR does your pouch get bigger and bigger so that at some point the pouch is the size of your old stomach.
RIght now I am not losing much after 6 weeks and eating very little really and drinking little due to feeling so full all the times. I am told it gets better and am waiting for the day I can have a little salad and some lobster but would be statisfied by eating a sandwich and chips, LOL. I do miss bubbly soda but that I can get over for sure.

In the begining water made me sick so i started sipping soda. It was the only thing that taste good.but now i have stopped but i am afraid i have stretched my stomach.i do not want every thing i have been through be for nothing.but it is my own fault.i am working hard on my exercise and diet now. It is still real early for you it will go by fast you will be able to eat mor food soon take advantage of this time .keep up the good work.thanks for the responce sandie.

I have not been allowed to drink Soda since I had surgery. It just isn't allowed. My fluids come with iced tea, hot tea, crystal lite and decaf coffee and of course my shakes because water makes me sick. I have never liked drinking water and only drink it when I need to complete my fluids for the day (last choice). I don't miss the soda at all. Made up my mind that I just didn't need the gas in my pouch

I do not think you have done permanent damage to your pouch. I think the real problem with soda pop is that it can give you gas pains and make you feel very fulll so you do not eat or drink what you should. Have you talked to your doctor about your not lossing weight?

No i saw him in oct. And then the holidays i held my weight i guess that was good.i just have been worried i have messed up.i am going back to the book.going to do it right .it helps to have some to talk to. I have no support at home.

Well if you think you might have streched your pouch. Go back to the beginning and start again. Thats what a nurse told another patirnt.

I agree as well-go back to the beginning. What about your support groups? Soda is a No-no for us. In fact anything carbonated is a no-no.
Powerade zero is good to drink due to the electrolytes, there are things to flavor the water for you, 1/2 juice, 1/2 water is good, SF popsicles are great.
Low sodium V8 juice is good. I put my unflavored protein powder in it to drink it-give me my protein and my vegetables.

Get back to your protein first.
sip, sip, sip.
What about exercise and walking?? How is that going for you?

Carol

I am walking 30 min. In the morning and yesterday i started walking in the evening to.i have stoped the sodas.i am getting back on track.bought new protien drink today .i just started my support group.i have to drive an hour to get there,but i wish i had gone earler i think it would have helped me a lot.i will go back next month.thanks carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back