• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

worried

Annaellsbury731

Anyone have 2nd thoughts before surgery?.I've had a few surgerys and it was easy. But for some reason I'm really worried about how it's going to go after. I have 2 kids I'll be going back to work after 2 weeks. My husband will be with me for a week but then I'm on my own. Any advice

Anyone have 2nd thoughts before surgery?.I've had a few surgerys and it was easy. But for some reason I'm really worried about how it's going to go after. I have 2 kids I'll be going back to work after 2 weeks. My husband will be with me for a week but then I'm on my own. Any advice

Life is always an uncertainty but they do this surgery laparoscopically and I had a really easy recovery. It was much less painful and much faster healing than I ever anticipated. It's natural to feel uneasy and afraid but you will be fine. Just make sure you have a Bariatric Surgeon of Excellence and a Bariatric Hospital of Excellence to have your surgery. Once you start dropping weight you will feel so great and full of energy. Just follow doctors orders and take your vitamins, supplements and get your protein in every day. High protein and low carbs will drop your weight fast and you will be amazed how well you feel, like you have been reborn.

Good luck to you, :)

Cheyenne:cool:

I have had plenty of doubts about doing my surgery; however, tomorrow is my date. I am not backing out because I want to be thinner, healthier, and happier. I am doing this for me and me only. My family will benefit from my outcome but in the long run I am doing this because I want this.

Trust your feelings, don't doubt. Think about this: Do you want to be healthier? Happier? Thinner? If you answered yes, then I think you know your answer. Also, like Cheyenne said, just make sure you have an expert in the field of Bariatrics as well the hospital.

Good luck and let us know.

~Debbie~

Back