• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

worried....

mamabear

Ok so my first office visit I had pneumonia and weighed in at 289lbs(not eating so dropped a couple). I went a month later and was at 296lbs(my "norm"). I am worried that insurance will not cover my sleeve because of this weight gain and for the fact I have not lost but 2lbs on my 6month monitoring from my pcp for insurance. I know my surgeon requires that I be below 289lbs for surgey (which I've been struggling). Which I'm working on. I'm just worried about the weight gain from my first appt. I hope this makes since. Please give me experience.

Ok so my first office visit I had pneumonia and weighed in at 289lbs(not eating so dropped a couple). I went a month later and was at 296lbs(my "norm"). I am worried that insurance will not cover my sleeve because of this weight gain and for the fact I have not lost but 2lbs on my 6month monitoring from my pcp for insurance. I know my surgeon requires that I be below 289lbs for surgey (which I've been struggling). Which I'm working on. I'm just worried about the weight gain from my first appt. I hope this makes since. Please give me experience.
it would be crule if your insurance balks at a weight fluctuation. I'm pretty confident that you will lose some again. Please continue to do what you can as you can. I'm hoping that is what your insurance is asking. Best wishes.

Back