• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Worried0

RoyT

My surgery is tomorrow Of course I've been following the pre op diet. But I'm worried, perhaps needlessly. I understand that the fat from the liver needs to be reduced or eliminated so that the procedure can be done. My dietitian mentioned in one of the classes that my surgeon has been known to abort the operation when livers were too fatty. I'd be very disappointed if this happens to me.

Roy, don't borrow trouble. You're awfulizing. Your pre-op Jitters are normal. Everything is going to be fine. Even if the doctor had to stop the surgery for some reason, and that is super rare, you would be rescheduled after taking care of whatever problem the doctor found. You have been working toward this for a long time and you're very brave to make this decision. Now just go forth and do it. All is well.

if you if you haven't already read Brenda's primer to day of surgery, this would be a good time. You can see how simple it is and you can rest easy knowing that your medical team has this down to a science, and there's nothing they haven't seen. You're not going to be in the record books for having the fattiest liver ever.

Back