• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wow a lot of tests

I was jut wondering if some of the test I had can be faxed,to my doctor.I had an echo Cardiogram and it was faxed. I just had a complete blood work last week for my vitamins and other levels hoping to fax then also. I have had my appointment with my pysch. and family doctor send in his letter, Having sleep study next week. I know I need to see a nuttictionist:confused: and a therapist, is ther any other tests I will need? I am kinda antsy waiting and nerous yet happy. Just a lot sometimes. What other test will be given before my surgery?

sounds like you are on the right track. I didnt have to have the echo did have the sleep study. I now use a c-cap at night. but not all people have this. did you dr give u a list of the test he wanted done. I also had to atten a group meeting with a support group. Good luck I have just had my 1 month check up and am down 27 lbs. I would do it all over again. check with your dr to see if he has a list of to do things.

Yes & thank you for responding

He did at the very begining but I have that 2nd meeting when I get my surgery date. Seems I have a few to do after that. I am pretty sure I have sleep anapia so that is needed. Thanks for replying and yes I have to go to a meeting also, rumor saya lol.

Call all of the places where you had tests and blood work done and ask them to fax your results to your surgeon and your regular doctor. Also have them send you copies of everything and keep them organized in a binder. They usually fax them to the doctor who wrote the work order for the test but it doesn't hurt to follow up to make sure.

The type of tests needed vary from person to person depending on age, general health and some of the test results themselves. Since I already use a CPAP I didn't need another sleep study. Some people on this forum were required to have a swallow test. I was required to have a heart ultrasound because of family history and also a test to see if I had asthma because of an incident of shortness of breath from 5 years ago. Believe it or not I also had to have a colonoscopy *LOL* This is not usually a required test for WLS but it was time for one and my PCP wouldn't consent to surgery until I had it because she knew I would procrastinate if she didn't use her approval for leverage :p The number of tests can seem overwhelming at times but they are being given to make sure you are good to go for surgery. Hang in there, you will be done soon and before you know it you will be given a surgery date :) :) :)

I had to have a swallow test and also 6 months of nutritional training besides all of the above. My surgeon gave me a checklist so I can tell where I am in the process. I think a colonoscopy was part of the pre-op requirements too, but I had had one in Jan 2012.

Back