• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wow--I Did It!!!

Time 4 me

Hi everyone, I had surgery on Tuesday and I came home yesterday afternoon. Last night was alittle rough but I did sleep 30 to 45 min intervals. The pain is very tolerable, sore and sometimes sharp "gas" pains. I will continue to take pain meds and hopefully will not need them by tomorrow.

I have to honestly say I think I worked myself up for no reason, doing very well with my "meals" 2oz protein, 2oz 100% juice and 2oz sugar free jello( looking forward to broth this eve for dinner) it takes along time to get it all in--my new motto Slow and Steady wins the race!!!

Thanks to all for your support and if I can help anyone with questions...etc just let me know. Have a blessed day!:D

Time 4 me-So very happy to hear you are doing so well. You can have Gas-Ex to help with the gas pains. Try the strips that dissolve in your mouth. After a few weeks you should be able to switch to the generic gel caps. I use these and just let the cap soften under my tongue the chew it. It's not sweet but it's minty tasting and costs a LOT less than the name brand :)

Hi Time 4 Me, good to hear you are doing well, I remember the gas pains, I suffered through it, I didn't even think of calling my doctor for gas x, I though I had to just get through it:eek: LOL! Your going to do fine just follow your meal plan set out for you and get pleanty of fluids and protien. :cool: Tom

So glad to hear you have done so well with your WLS. The gas x strips really do help, but not completely. I still use them once in a while now. Remember the more you walk the easier it is to deal with the gas.

Joy

Went to my endocrinologist today, my glucose readings are coming down!! 340 the morning of surgery and today at 176, still taking 30 units am & pm but hopefully will be insulin free by next week. I have been taken off my blood pressure meds, perfect blood pressure!!! Feeling so blessed!!:)

So glad everything is going good. I hope, I'll be saying the same thing next week. Now, you really have me looking forward to this. I'm so EXCITED!!

Congratulations on your surgery and you are doing well. I will have to pick up sugar free juice to add to my collection of things I will need for after surgery. Plus, find a flavor of Crystal Light that I can stand. I will also pick up vitamin water-zero and propel zero. My facility says we will be doing 1 part juice and 1 part water. They also recommend the Protein jello and protein broth (I have the Protein chicken broth).

Carol

Hi T 4 Me, That's great news, I was so glad to be off my BP meds and have perfect blood pressure. Keep a good eye on your blood surgars, hopefully you will be off of insulin soon but you sure don't want to unexpectedly tank out so be careful be dilligent on monitoring your surger level. Keep up the good work. :cool: Tom

Had my surgery!

My surgery went off with no complications! Now i am 3 days out and home! Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton Ohio is where i had my surgery. I would recommend it to all. They kept my pain under control and were very helpful and understanding. Loved them all! I am on my way to my live long dream of being a healthy thin person. I haven't been in the hundreds since a child. I am so excited! For those that haven't had surgery yet be prepared for the gas on day 2 and more. Just asked my husband to get me some gas x. I have some chewable gas pills but they were so chalky and gross. So besides the tight tummy and the gas that comes and goes no problems so far and glad it is over. Go through all the red tape to get the surgery. It is so worth it in the end. I almost didn't get the surgery because i didn't want to jump through all the hoops. Hang in there one day at a time!
Thanks to all that posted on here. Lots of great info, encouragement and education. I will keep coming here for more added support and encouragement. I am glad i found this site and have recommended it to others.
Happy weight loss to all! Michele

I am so happy for you, I had mine on Nov 13th and I am really pleased with how well I am doing except for the constant rumbling and sharp gas pains. I asked my Doctor on day 2 about the Gasx and he said no, however I am growing very tired of it and it is causing alot of discomfort between my breast bone. I did down grade to Tylenol but after being beat up all day by the rumbling I am ready for some relief before bed. God knows I am walking and doing my meal plan diligently.

Looks like we will be walking this journey together, I pray for both of us to recover very quickly and enjoy this healthy new second chance!! Take care and God Bless....Terri

time 4 me,
Too funny we came home the same day. Such a small world! Maybe call your doctor soon and ask again about the gas x. They are no fun! I am sure he would want your to be more comfy. Do you think you stopped the pain meds too soon? My belly is so painful still expecially when i need to get up and down and walk. I wouldn't consider going off them till i am more comfy. My doctor said usually 2 weeks on the pain meds. I hope your gas pains get better. Mine were terrible yesterday and i had a 1.5 hour car ride to get home. Yuck! When you say this healthy second chance, you are not kidding. I couldn't thank my doctor enough for doing my surgery!
We will get through this fine and be great loosers:cool: Michele

Hi Michele, that brings back memories, every time I got up from my chair or bed it would hurt even just to roll over in bed was a chore and to laugh or cough that was also painfull:eek: but it all went away in good time, I think the laughing and coughing pains were the slowest to go away but my grandkids thought it was funny to make me laugh, they liked look on my face when I laughed:rolleyes: looking bad it was kinda funny. Get the gas x, I never even thought about it so I suffered through the gas pains:p Hang in there it gets better. :cool: Tom

Great News!

Your new life has just begun, and will get better as each day passes by! Stay well!
Linney:rolleyes:

You got that right for sure! A new life right around the corner! I see you have reached your goal weight! You look great! Thanks for the friend request and the encouragement. Nice to be in good company. Take care:cool: michele

Back