• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

WRONG FORUM

ah, sorry, no such. I'm with you, though.

First up, the recipe for super milk or magic milk. It's simple but also kind of hard. The recipe is 1 quart of nonfat milk that you put in a blender and then pour in 1 packet of Milkman dry milk & blend. Now a cup of milk has 16 grams of protein instead of eight. That is a big help.
As you progress through your clear liquid diet, followed by thicker liquids, then puree, then soft foods, then semi-solid food, you will want to invest in Magic Milk, which you can make at home. It doubles the protein content in the milk. You will used milk instead of water to make creamed cereal and soups. Use it in puddings. Drink it if you don't mind the taste (I'd probably put chocolate syrup in it, or better yet, a tablespoon of iron-rich molasses). It is truly Magic and to this day, I keep Milkman powder in my pantry and make Magic Milk when I want a dose of protein without a whole bunch of calories added. Anything you can make with milk, from clam chowder to egg custard, you can increase the protein with Magic Milk.
I learned about FairLife (? ) milk in this forum but when I researched it, I discovered it wasn't necessarily such a good thing, at least ethically.

I haven't eaten Kentucky Fried Chicken in about 25 years, since I saw pictures of farmworkers there binding a chicken's wings, then using it as a football. As gross as that sounds, believe me, I'm sparing you the real details.

I grew up on a farm and we loved all of our animals, even the ones we intended to use for food. I still have the most vivid memory of milking a cow, my cheek pressed against her soft belly as she chomped on alfalfa hay, steam rising from the shiny bucket of milk and the entire complicated aroma of it all, manure included. She was named Elsie, after the cartoon Borden cow. I hate the big bucks agribusiness bastards. If I thought I could put them out of business, I'd go vegan, I swear.

Back