• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wrong information

Yeledov

I am anxious and seething right now. I need to rant about it.
Kaiser sends emails via there system the day before surgery to give you the time of your check in. I got mine, skimmed it for the important information (check in time and current visitor policy) and didn’t notice it has the wrong location I’m supposed to check in at!!! The email says to do to the day surgery clinic that is on a completely different location from the hospital. Now, I know I’m not supposed to go there. My surgery is at Sunnyside Hospital. But such a big error makes me anxious about check in time. What if that is wrong too? So I have messages out all over the place to get a confirmation of my check in time. I soooo didn’t need this today!

I am anxious and seething right now. I need to rant about it.
Kaiser sends emails via there system the day before surgery to give you the time of your check in. I got mine, skimmed it for the important information (check in time and current visitor policy) and didn’t notice it has the wrong location I’m supposed to check in at!!! The email says to do to the day surgery clinic that is on a completely different location from the hospital. Now, I know I’m not supposed to go there. My surgery is at Sunnyside Hospital. But such a big error makes me anxious about check in time. What if that is wrong too? So I have messages out all over the place to get a confirmation of my check in time. I soooo didn’t need this today!
I'll see your problem & raise you one. At my pre-surgery class Tues they had me down for surgery on next Monday at 6 a.m. for my sleeve gastrectomy. Only problem is, my surgery is actually a gastric bypass (RnY). And insurance okayed paying for the sleeve, not the bypass.

The surgeon asked me if I was sure I wanted the bypass & not the sleeve, but then he reassured me it wasn't any problem to do the bypass & they would fix it with insurance. It was just a simple miscommunication & easily fixed, but it could have been a disaster for me not getting the surgery I wanted.

It's all good now, thank the Lord!

Oh my! That is not what either one of you needs to hear when you expect them to have accurate information. Jonah I hope everything has been worked out and corrected. Good luck tomorrow!

Karen, I'm glad they are correcting the mistake. Good think you noticed!

Let's hope everything is smooth sailing for you both and no more mix ups!

I'll see your problem & raise you one. At my pre-surgery class Tues they had me down for surgery on next Monday at 6 a.m. for my sleeve gastrectomy. Only problem is, my surgery is actually a gastric bypass (RnY). And insurance okayed paying for the sleeve, not the bypass.

The surgeon asked me if I was sure I wanted the bypass & not the sleeve, but then he reassured me it wasn't any problem to do the bypass & they would fix it with insurance. It was just a simple miscommunication & easily fixed, but it could have been a disaster for me not getting the surgery I wanted.

It's all good now, thank the Lord!

Omg Karen! You win! I’m so glad you caught that!
The actual employee that emailed me called me personally to apologize for his mistake. It was a drop down menu issue and he said he must be more careful. He was very embarrassed. He confirmed the correct information and they called me again this morning to confirm I had the right location and time. I leave in about an hour and a half!

Back