• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Yep, I'm a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanaMango

My names Julz. AKA NanaMango. I just had my surgery on the 28th of Aug. Basically I am feeling fine. However my incisions are itching like crazy. ACKK! Make it stop. Ideas?

Oh guess I should introduce myself. I am a Domestic Goddess. I have 4 children, ages 22-17. One grandchild, 4months. I also have an eternal companion. We've been married for 23 years now. He is also my Best Friend. My family is one of the most important things in my life. The only thing bigger on the list of important things is my Heavenly Father.

Anyway, The thing that has stayed with me the most since my surgery, is not not the surgery itself. You see I kept feeling like I needed this surgery done. I had the right BMI for it and I had my diabetes and my asthma to help make that happen. However those were not what I felt was the main reason for the surgery. My weight didn't even feel like the main reason. I just knew I needed it. I never had a doubt or any hesitation when it came to getting the surgery. Kind of drove my best girl friend crazy. She could not see why I would do this. She was willing to support me but wanted me to make sure I knew what I was getting into.

I researched everything I could about this surgery. Good, bad, boring. if I could find it I read it. I even have a friend who had just about every complication possible from the surgery. I can't remember right but I think she may have died for a few mintues too. Hmmm.......why can't I remember if that's correct?

The time came and I was carted off to surgery.

After my surgery, the surgeon/doctor was talking to me about his findings. He said that my liver. Was the 3rd worse he had ever seen. He didn't think it would have lasted 5 years. He also said that this surgery was exactly what I needed. Because, they would have never known about my liver until it was to late. Apparently Livers are very forgiving. to help my liver I need to lose a lot of weight. Start eatting right and taking care of myself. Basically the things this surgery and the life style changes that are a part of it entail.

I don't know why but the whole liver thing. I can't stop dwelling on it. I feel like the surgery just saved my life. Not something, I'm gonna easily toss aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back