• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

YIPPEE!!!! I have a date for my surgery!!!

AndreaK

It seems like I have waited for ever and I finally have a Date November 6th!! I'm excited, nervous, scared, but I am ready. Now I have to start on my pre surgery program of eating. A Protein shake for breakfast and lunch and a small dinner of meat, green veggie and small salad. This is to shrink my liver. I'm working out and walking a lot to improve my health for surgery.. I can't wait!! Any advice?:confused:

Last night I completed my final evaluation~~the sleep study~~. Now waiting for December 10th roll around....=)

Congrats on waiting for the next 10 days~~HOW EXCITING !!!

I have a surgery date set for 11/14/13. I have a nutrition class coming up soon, and i will be meeting with a support group in a few days. I had been undecided as to which surgery to have, and am now 99% sure I will have r & y, I was considering the sleeve, but it sounds like the r&y has a greater advantage. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I also was indecisive about which procedure would benefit me best. After much discussion with my surgeon, we both decided the RnY is beneficial in many ways for me ! So that is what is for me. Everyone is different and is needing individual outcomes so go with what best will benefit you in the long run !
GOOD LUCK !!!

Yippee Too

I also have a surgery date for RnY on December 16th. Finally, it feels like pre op lasted forever. Good luck to everyone!

The surgeon's office called early last week to move my date up by 1 day.....soooo December 9th it is......better early than late is all I can think at this point. It worked out in my favor with the days off that with that one day move up I can claim disability and get paid for all my time off....that rocks !!!

the surgeon's office called early last week to move my date up by 1 day.....soooo december 9th it is......better early than late is all i can think at this point. It worked out in my favor with the days off that with that one day move up i can claim disability and get paid for all my time off....that rocks !!!

congratulations !!!!!!!!!!

Back