• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

You call that a stall?

I just wanted to support people who are stalling by relating my stalls. I lost 75 pounds in the first few months. then i stalled for months. eventually i started hiking and staying out in the wilderness for weeks at a time and the weight just melted off. at 14 months i'd lost 115 pounds.

i still hike & have maintained my weight for 15 years. well, except during covid, when i gained a bunch. it's gone now.

I am rejoicing you have overcome your setback. I have experienced my first weight gain since surgery. At 16 months after surgery, On June 13 for my VA Move support group for weight loss, 16 days later I went up 12 lbs. it was weigh in for VA Bariatric dr. After discussing we determined my weight gain was stress of getting the pool deck done before permit ran outand missing meal and snack times and then trying to catch up on protein meal and snacks at night. My mealtimes are mostly back on track and I am losing 1 pound at a time. Still working my but off in the yard. Pool is looking and staying great. Stalled on patio pavers but really trying to come up with ideas.

thank you Missy et. al. I have a journal where i have pages and pages of foods broken down nutritionally. I find it so much fun to keep track, and then to get on the scale. and because i'm eating intentionally, my health is really good. my little sister & i were talking about this last night. she's 69 and im 70. people think we're 20 or 30 years younger. we just keep moving!

thank you Missy et. al. I have a journal where i have pages and pages of foods broken down nutritionally. I find it so much fun to keep track, and then to get on the scale. and because i'm eating intentionally, my health is really good. my little sister & i were talking about this last night. she's 69 and im 70. people think we're 20 or 30 years younger. we just keep moving!
That is so awesome that you were able to lose your regain so fast!! It's so inspiring hearing how active you are at 70. I'm 20 years behind you and looking forward to many active years ahead of me! Thanks for sharing such an inspirational post!

Back