• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

You know you have lost a lot of weight when...

I have been having fun with this thread Pat! Your too funny! Sounds like you need to get a taller seat couchin to compensate for your smaller butt lol!

me2012-I have a pretty thick gel cushion that I'm not using for anything so I think it will be perfect to put on my seat in the car. Once it's in there it will not only make it safer for me to sit down but it will lift me up higher so I can see better. I used to sit higher in the seat when my butt was bigger *LOL*

I teach and another teacher recently came running up to me and said, "I swear this true! I saw you from behind and thought, 'who the hell is that sub???' but it was YOU! You're half your size!" :) Loved it.

Well although I havent had surgery yet..it will be nice to fit into a booth comfortable at a restaurant and be able to sit comfortably in a seat at the movies!!!

Just you wait! It's one of those moments. Just got back from Disney. Last year I literally squeezed into the Sci-Fi diner's booth to the point that I was in pain. This year, ROOM!!!! It's wonderful. Best of luck!

Or telling people what your originally weight was before surgery...im so proud to tell people now because of the weight Ive lost so far .. =)

Realizing that the gym shorts you've worn for years, that were tight, now look like basketball shorts. Very loose and baggy. I love it.

Frank

:cool:

I started this thread not quite a year ago. My first post was about my favorite pair of bluejean shorts. After taking them in multiple times I still wear them when working in the yard. Because of the pockets I can't take them in anymore. You know you have lost a lot of weight when you have to use a piece of cord for a belt to keep your favorite pair of shorts from falling off because you can't take them in anymore :) :) :)

You know you have lost a lot of weight when the new pair of shorts you bought is loose in the waist and baggy in the rear.

My pants have never fallen off, but they have come close! I love some of the other things that have been the result of weight loss:
*My knee bones touch now!
*I thought I had a bump on my chest - turned out to be my breastbone!
*My weddings rings are too large!
*My arms now reach the armrests on chairs!
*I can cross my legs for the first time in my life!

These victories keep me working hard!

This surgery has been the best thing I have done for myself in years!! I've recently reached a 70 lb. loss and several people a week that I run into are commenting on my weight loss. On the one hand, it's nice that someone has noticed, but on the other, having people gush at me makes me wonder..."was I really that unattractive before!!??" Then I saw a photo of myself that I didn't realize my college posted of me on our website. It was in August before I really began the journey...and WOW, let me just say, I am SOOOOO happy that I will NEVER look or feel like that again!!" :eek: So, I'm learning to just smile when they comment about my weight loss and say, "yep, I'm trying!"

Back