• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

You know you have lost a lot of weight when...

You know you've lost a lot of weight when you can take scuba the lessons you promised yourself you could do when you passed 250 lbs. Going on Wednesday night.

You know you're losing a lot of weight when you have to buy your fourth belt in 3 months.

Frank

:cool:

You know you've lost a lot of weight when you have to go through your closets and dressers to make room for smaller clothes :) :) :)

You know you've lost a lot of weight when...I picked up a heavy bag of potting soil over the weekend and as I was stuggling to get it to my planter, I realized I've lost almost twice this amount! Thank God I'm not carrying THAT around with me daily anymore! Oh, and I was talking to my mother about this realization when another hit me.....I've practically lost a 2nd or 3rd grader!! It's weird when you think of the weight in terms of another person!! ;)

I went to award night where I teach. Everyone was staring at me and asking what was different. I wore a dress that is my actual size which is 4 sizes smaller than my dress cloths I teach in. It was nice getting so many compliments. I hate to wear the baggy cloths now but we have only 4 school days left so I will shop again just before school starts in August.

You know you've lost a lot of weight, when your youngest daughter, that you have seen in about 8 weeks says "Man, you've lost a crap-ton of weight!" With such shock that I had to laugh.

Frank

You know you have lost a lot of weight when you see someone that you use to work with and she doesn't even recognize you!! She had no idea who I was until I said "It's me Laura"... The look on her face was priceless!!! It made me feel great!! :)

You know you've lost a lot of weight when you look at a picture of your self and it takes you several seconds to realize that you're looking at yourself.

Frank

When you go for your daily walk and men slow down to look at you, smile, wave and whistle at you... LOL I haven't had that happen to me since 1992....

I can't wait until this happens to me! lol Sounds great to be loosing so much weight. I'm about 1/2 of the way though the start up. Have to get blood work done soon. I hope I've gotten my vitamin D back up.

Hahahaha I spit out coffee on that one. Love the story and a great reason to get to buy new shorts two sizes smaller. I only wear stretch denim and mine would do that inside, but usually in front of anyone sitting in the lounge chair so never wearing a belt before I figured it might be time to get one. Keep up the excellent work!! My smiley faces stopped working but sending lots of smiles on this. Hahahaha

Back