• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Your Experience

Rose Gomez

Hi I’m new here and I just got approved for surgery I will be having the gastric bypass surgery on April 16 2019. I’m so nervous that I can’t think straight. I don’t know if I’m making the right decision I don’t want to make my life worse! Please share your story/experience with me so I can have a somewhat idea of what my future after surgery may hold. Thank you!

I have not had my surgery just yet but believe me I have sent my self crazy studying everything for the bypass. Keep your reasons why you want the surgery in mind. I have 4 sons and I am over 600lbs. I want to lose weight for them. I know there will be ups and downs. But you have to push through them. If I can live my life like I am now what is the difference to live with a life long diet and change. Pain will come and go. You will lose weight and start to feel better. You will have to take vitamins for the rest of your life. But the benefits that come with the surgery is greater. A better life for you and your family. You get to move more. You are free from the weight. Don't be so nervous about the surgery. You will come out of it and you will push forward and keep going making your life healthier.

Hi I’m new here and I just got approved for surgery I will be having the gastric bypass surgery on April 16 2019. I’m so nervous that I can’t think straight. I don’t know if I’m making the right decision I don’t want to make my life worse! Please share your story/experience with me so I can have a somewhat idea of what my future after surgery may hold. Thank you!
My surgery is april 17 and i feel the same way. Have you purchased your vitamins and tried any protein shake? I need to buy both? Good luck

I am doing my first class tomorrow. I am excited. The doctor said I can have my surgery some time in April when my doctor gets the eval set up for the phyc. But she wanted me to wait to get more information. Because she does not want me to fail my eval. My husband is buying me a mini fridge for my stuff because if he does not then my boys will get into my stuff. I have seen the vitamins at my doctors office and they don't look that bad. I just hope I can stand taking them when I have my surgery.

Back