• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Yucky protein

Alma Herman

Hello I'm new to this, I'm 5 weeks after my surgery & I'm having a hard time with protein stuff. All the protein shakes don't taste good anymore. I tryed isopure & protein water & I can't with those, even yogurt that has more than 12g of protein grose me out any suggestions?

I understand how you feel. You are at the point where I was that I had to give up protein supplements. EVERYTHING I tried made me sick. With my doctor’s blessing, I just began eating my protein. Lots of eggs, skim milk, lean meats etc. I just got turned on to Carnation Instant Breakfast, Sugar Free. It has 13g of protein and I mix it in skim milk for a total of 20g. It’s chocolate flavored and pretty good. It doesn’t have artificial sweeteners in it, which helps with the taste. Hope you can find something that works.

Oh the world of protein! I like to use a bit of Bare Naked granola on top of the yogurts to add fiber and protein to them, but also they come in flavors and can change up the taste a bit. Medically unflavored protein powder can be added to your soups if your still in the soft diet phase. But I'm with you on the shakes thing, I don't like any of them and even more so since surgery. Best of luck finding something that works!

Back