• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Dizziness

Slamber

Hey y'all!

I am about 4 weeks post-op. I have a dizzy spell about every day it seems. I'm doing all the things you're supposed to do - vitamins, protein, water, blah, blah, blah. However, I very nearly passed out today. I felt my eyes start to roll back and I stumbled over to the couch. It scared me. I'm wondering if I'm just not getting enough water and electrolytes. Before surgery, I religiously drank a minimum of 64 oz of water a day. Obviously, there is no way I can drink that much now. At least, not if I'm going to be able to consume anything else. Immediately after surgery, I was treated for low potassium a couple of times. I'll be talking to my doctor about this. I'm a nurse at a jail and have a lot of yard work to do. I took it easy for 3 weeks, so its time to get going again lol. Anybody else experience this?

Hey y'all!

I am about 4 weeks post-op. I have a dizzy spell about every day it seems. I'm doing all the things you're supposed to do - vitamins, protein, water, blah, blah, blah. However, I very nearly passed out today. I felt my eyes start to roll back and I stumbled over to the couch. It scared me. I'm wondering if I'm just not getting enough water and electrolytes. Before surgery, I religiously drank a minimum of 64 oz of water a day. Obviously, there is no way I can drink that much now. At least, not if I'm going to be able to consume anything else. Immediately after surgery, I was treated for low potassium a couple of times. I'll be talking to my doctor about this. I'm a nurse at a jail and have a lot of yard work to do. I took it easy for 3 weeks, so its time to get going again lol. Anybody else experience this?
That sounds very scary. I'm glad you're going to see your doctor because if your symptoms are exactly as you describe, this isn't a result of bariatric surgery per se. Something may have happened during your procedure--a nicked organ, a puncture, free fluid or even bowel where it shouldn't be--and you should really see a doctor a.s.a.p.

Please keep us posted. We care.

Back