• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Half a crab cake

I feel like when I go to a restaurant and I order crabcakes I get one crabcake some fried onion straws, some coleslaw and water with lemon that’s what’s on my plate. I’ve always been eat my sides first and save my meat for last if you’re only getting a little cup of coleslaw and you get maybe a Handful of onion straws by the time I get to the crabcake, I can only eat half no matter how I try to force myself to eat it. My stomach is like we are no longer part of the elastic stretching to make room to finish the whole plate crew. My membership has been revoked since I’ve had bariatric surgery. In mind you it is a good thing because I’ll take that other half of that crabcake and I’ll save it and might not be the same night. It might be my menu scorecard and it’ll give me some protein numbers, but don’t beat yourself up. The purpose of this surgery was to be in better health lose weight and live so this is the best decision I have made for myself and I’m proud of that but maybe I can skip out on drinking the water with lemon and eating my side items first so I can enjoy the crabcakes and then still be upset because I can’t finish that side items .

Back