• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How long to get scheduled after approval?

How far out was your surgery scheduled after you got approval? I'm on the cusp of approval (I'm going for the sleeve) and am hoping to get this done by year end and am curious how long others waited.

Once I finished the 5 month program, with the doctors and dietician and all test, cardiologist, EKG, another form of heart text MRI and blood and urine test, during the 5 month course, I saw the doctor 30 days after I finished everything and he went over all my months of text. The cardiologist saw me, and went over my heart test oh and stress test, you must get a stress text to, he told me all my test were perfect for me being a candidate for gastric bypass surgery. I got my surgery date a m9nth later, after being cleared very fast. I have my surgery September 17th 2024. I also bought my own batiayric book online, to help me eat the right foods, once I get to the stage, To eat solid foods again. I'm on the all liquid diet, I start on the 2nd of this month August, no sugar drinks, zero sugar and broths, jellies, zero Gatorade water etc. I stay on it until my surgery. I ate good the day before surgery and I have all my vitamins to take and protein drinks you drink twice a day. I am so ready and excited about my new life ahead, without the extra weight. I'm 275 pounds and it has been hard on my back and joints. I have no health issues thank God, none, so my body is in good shape, my weight is solid, I'm 5.8 and I walk a lot everyday, I work in a hospital setting, so we walk all day. And, I eat pretty good at veggies and fruits, so my health has always been good, I'm just obese, overweight for 10yrs now, due to depression. God will guide us all through just believe.

How far out was your surgery scheduled after you got approval? I'm on the cusp of approval (I'm going for the sleeve) and am hoping to get this done by year end and am curious how long others waited.
I am in the same boat. Waiting to hear if the insurance will approve. The waiting is hard as it took me 6 months of researching and praying to decide to move forward. Now that I have completed everything with my bariatric clinic I am more than ready to move on to the next step.

I am in the same boat. Waiting to hear if the insurance will approve. The waiting is hard as it took me 6 months of researching and praying to decide to move forward. Now that I have completed everything with my bariatric clinic I am more than ready to move on to the next step.
I just opened yesterday's mail my approval came through for end of October to the middle of November. Now just to hear from surgeon's office.

Once I finished the 5 month program, with the doctors and dietician and all test, cardiologist, EKG, another form of heart text MRI and blood and urine test, during the 5 month course, I saw the doctor 30 days after I finished everything and he went over all my months of text. The cardiologist saw me, and went over my heart test oh and stress test, you must get a stress text to, he told me all my test were perfect for me being a candidate for gastric bypass surgery. I got my surgery date a m9nth later, after being cleared very fast. I have my surgery September 17th 2024. I also bought my own batiayric book online, to help me eat the right foods, once I get to the stage, To eat solid foods again. I'm on the all liquid diet, I start on the 2nd of this month August, no sugar drinks, zero sugar and broths, jellies, zero Gatorade water etc. I stay on it until my surgery. I ate good the day before surgery and I have all my vitamins to take and protein drinks you drink twice a day. I am so ready and excited about my new life ahead, without the extra weight. I'm 275 pounds and it has been hard on my back and joints. I have no health issues thank God, none, so my body is in good shape, my weight is solid, I'm 5.8 and I walk a lot everyday, I work in a hospital setting, so we walk all day. And, I eat pretty good at veggies and fruits, so my health has always been good, I'm just obese, overweight for 10yrs now, due to depression. God will guide us all through just believe.
Good Luck today!

Back