• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introductions

Hey everyone,

My name is Beth and I'm 30 years old. I had surgery three weeks ago (sleeve) and I'm struggling a little bit with somewhat of a plateau as well as doubts on if I made the right decision.

I have suffered with my weight for most of my life, complicated by a number of health issues including Fibromyalgia, Congenital Hypothyroidism and PCOS.

Ever since I got married 2 years ago I have been trying to lose weight so me and my husband can have a happier and healthier life and to enable me to have children. I know within my heart I made the right decision but my mind still argues with me to the contrary.

Anyway, enough doom and gloom.

As I said, I'm Beth. I'm married and have two crackhead bundles of energy kittens named Arietty and Sophie, I enjoy Cosplay, D&D, Marvel RPG, video games and creative writing. Though currently unemployed I am working to one day soon make my mark as both a Voice Actress and a published author.

Nice to meet y'all!

Hey everyone,

My name is Beth and I'm 30 years old. I had surgery three weeks ago (sleeve) and I'm struggling a little bit with somewhat of a plateau as well as doubts on if I made the right decision.

I have suffered with my weight for most of my life, complicated by a number of health issues including Fibromyalgia, Congenital Hypothyroidism and PCOS.

Ever since I got married 2 years ago I have been trying to lose weight so me and my husband can have a happier and healthier life and to enable me to have children. I know within my heart I made the right decision but my mind still argues with me to the contrary.

Anyway, enough doom and gloom.

As I said, I'm Beth. I'm married and have two crackhead bundles of energy kittens named Arietty and Sophie, I enjoy Cosplay, D&D, Marvel RPG, video games and creative writing. Though currently unemployed I am working to one day soon make my mark as both a Voice Actress and a published author.

Nice to meet y'all!
Welcome! How are things going post surgery?

Welcome! How are things going post surgery?
Things are going amazingly thank you!! I can actually walk again, suffering a little with fear of food but I know that is pretty much normal. I've been so much more active both in the gym and in helping out at my local animal shelter! I am also looking forward to Comicon this weekend. So far I have lost about 89lbs since surgery 3 months ago and 100lbs since I started my supervised weight loss in January. Just wish my brain would recognize what I have already achieved.

Back