• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Monday 6/24

Bianca17

Ready to go! Feeling very positive. Do need to vent.... Annoyed with friend's/coworkers/family's opinions when they learn of the upcoming surgery.
The things people say shock me!
Like:..Everyone gains it back....
You are crazy for doing this!
You do know you'll be on vitamins the rest of your life?
You do know you can never eat XYZ again?

Do people really think this is a uniformed, uneducated, decision on a whim?
Not to mention I am a medical professional....

No one truly knows someone's struggles and own journey.

My immediate support group is wonderful of course.

Feels good to get this out!

Good for you, Bianca. I knew I'd get a lot of stupid feedback and jealousy, so I told NO ONE except my best friend and my only child.

And I've kept most of my weight off since 2008. I'm in my 70s now and don't burn calories as efficiently, nor am I as active as I was when I was young. I'd like to lose 20 pounds but I also don't care if I lose it. I'm going through some emotional crap right now and it's impossible to make that stop, so I'm just trying to love myself and not be critical.

I was concerned about never being able to eat xyz again, but as it turned out, I can eat anything I want, just like before. I just have to eat small amounts, which is fine with me. I eat slowly and savor every bite. It's great to be able to love food without the shame of being fat.

Back