• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Need help with TRUE information & encouragement

I would like for all sleeve patients to give me a bit of encouragement as I’m totally in the dark and depressed. I’ve only had me surgery on the 13th of May, however I lost 7 lbs before the surgery on my own, and currently I’m eating less than a baby would eat going to bed each night hungry. I consume my protein shakes daily along with only 1 egg for breakfast and lunch and smashed pinto beans for dinner. I haven’t lost a pound. It’s been 14 days. Has anyone else gone through this and finally lost weight!!? Help!!

I'm sorry you're struggling. , please keep in mind that many of us actually GAIN weight during then surgery process due to saline and gas. So, you might think that you have lost nothing but that gain counts.

2 weeks is too soon yo determine that your surgery has failed you. Fol look w the Drs guidelines. Work.the program and it Will work for you. Its a proven success rate. Do your part and relax.

I have a question? I have developed thoracic stomach at age 76 is it possible to do a stomach band to pull it back down?and keep it down..?

I have a question? I have developed thoracic stomach at age 76 is it possible to do a stomach band to pull it back down?and keep it down..?
We are a support group related only to bariatric surgery. We cannot answer medical questions. Please consult a medical professional.

I would like for all sleeve patients to give me a bit of encouragement as I’m totally in the dark and depressed. I’ve only had me surgery on the 13th of May, however I lost 7 lbs before the surgery on my own, and currently I’m eating less than a baby would eat going to bed each night hungry. I consume my protein shakes daily along with only 1 egg for breakfast and lunch and smashed pinto beans for dinner. I haven’t lost a pound. It’s been 14 days. Has anyone else gone through this and finally lost weight!!? Help!!
Be patient you are suffering the same thing I am going through it is water weight gain post surgery. Sence it was in May I bet you have lost weight by now

Back