• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New! Intro... a little bit of concerns as well.

AnitaB

I am a 49 female. At my largest I weighed in at 289 lbs. I began this journey at the end of February 2024 weighing 265. I have lost down to 234 lbs during these last few months with mountjaro and diet changes. I'm now at the point that doctor's need to complete the forms to submit for pre authorization to insurance. I do have additional health issues that had me seeing the bariatric center for possible surgery. I guess my concern is can I loose too much that insurance will deny the surgery? Will the surgeons then deny doing the surgery? Yes, I have talked to the center, however, they tell me to wait to see what insurance says. I don't want to gain weight again after I've finally gotten to the point where I feel good. I can do things that I've not been able to do. I just want to be healthy enough to be around to see my youngest go to college (she's in elementary). I do have other concerns, but those are the current thought process. I am concerned that I will gain weight back without the help of either the shot or the surgery. And I do not want to remain on that shot for the rest of my life. I watched my weight go up to 289 lbs and fought so hard to get it down to 265 lbs. It stopped at that weight and I fought hard to keep it at 265 for a couple years.

Sorry for the word overload. I found this site and just wanted to find some support with others that are in this journey, whether they are new or have already done the surgery. I hear so many positive (and some negatives) about doing the bariatric surgery.

You got support sister don’t you worry you’re Insurance whether suit the state or private I would contact Medicare Medicaid if possible because of your weight and health you qualify for the surgery regardless of what your private insurance may say I was I am still a diabetic type too, and I have the surgery on March 14 of this year and all that you’re worrying about I worry too to the point that is stressed me out to either one to eat or not to eat. You will be fine. God willing just talk to the powers that be to make sure you’re in a clear so you can get this done and you could celebrate whatever day your surgery birthday is , I would Google contact your insurance agencies just to make sure that you are doing what you Gotta do to meet the criterion of everything. Good luck and don’t worry because you don’t want them to say your blood pressure was too high to do the surgery relax.

Back