• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

midlomiki

Hi all, I am pre-surgery. No date yet but expect in October or November. Planned Gastric Bypass. Previously had my lap-band removed but could not do a revision due to complications. My husband and I were married a year ago (2nd marriage for both of us) and we have 5 teens between us. 3 teens live with us all the time.
I have more support with my husband than I have ever had and now feel that I can go through the bariatric process again. Looking for info and support here.

Hi all, I am pre-surgery. No date yet but expect in October or November. Planned Gastric Bypass. Previously had my lap-band removed but could not do a revision due to complications. My husband and I were married a year ago (2nd marriage for both of us) and we have 5 teens between us. 3 teens live with us all the time.
I have more support with my husband than I have ever had and now feel that I can go through the bariatric process again. Looking for info and support here.
Hi Miki (you didn't give your name so I'm guessing),

I had a gastric bypass (open surgery) in 2008 and among other boons, lost 115 pounds in 13 months. Are you having a laparoscopic procedure?

This group has been really good until recently, when we were infiltrated and overwhelmed by Turkish spam. I'm not sure if that's the reason why most members haven't been posting, but I think it is.

I hope you'll use the Search feature to explore the archives. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of posts that trace the history of the various procedures, from stomach stapling to lap-bands to the now-popular gastric sleeve. It's fascinating reading. It's so awesome you have a supportive mate at home. I hope he's reading this group along with you.

Thanks for joining us, and for posting right away. We're recovering from the spam attack, but before that happened, this group was absolutely amazing. I've seen it come back from the dead and am sure it will happen again.

Welcome!

Back