• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

speaking of chaffles

LisaLisa

Thanks! I need to go to Walmart today and I'm going to look for a mini waffle maker!
Update to my post above. If anyone is looking to buy a mini waffle maker, I got the Dash Mini Waffle Maker at Target for $9.99. It was the same price on Amazon but they are backordered until Nov 10th. There are lots of Youtube videos to get started. I will either try mine later today or tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it!

So today I made my first batch of Chaffles and they were really good!
Basic Chaffles:
2 cups shredded low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
4 Tbsp almond flour
Makes 6-7 Chaffles if using a mini 4" waffle maker
This came from the YouTube video:

And there is a facebook group that has loads of recipes in it's file section:

Here I am making my Chaffles:

Good job Judy! Those are just beautiful. And I had to stop watching the video after she made the six chaffles because I am dying of hunger and do not have a waffle maker so I'm having a little crisis here! I am immediately going to go complete my order either on Amazon or Target online so I can make these as soon as possible.

Why do you think she uses almond flour, though? I do not like to buy stuff like that because it always spoils or goes rancid before I can use it all. Regular flour is very shelf-stable so it can sit in the jar for years. But these new flours made with nuts have a lot more oil in them and go rancid faster.

Good job Judy! Those are just beautiful. And I had to stop watching the video after she made the six chaffles because I am dying of hunger and do not have a waffle maker so I'm having a little crisis here! I am immediately going to go complete my order either on Amazon or Target online so I can make these as soon as possible.

Why do you think she uses almond flour, though? I do not like to buy stuff like that because it always spoils or goes rancid before I can use it all. Regular flour is very shelf-stable so it can sit in the jar for years. But these new flours made with nuts have a lot more oil in them and go rancid faster.

Thanks Diane! OMG, I first watched the video before I had a waffle maker as well!! I was drooling when I heard the crunch because I've always loved crispy waffles! Probably almond flour because it is lower in carbs however higher in fat. Appeals to many who follow keto and/or paleo. But you can refrigerate the almond flour or freezer for longer shelf life. Still, I'm sure you could try using all purpose flour or maybe even a wheat flour.

Ya got me. I'm making a batch right now, heavy on the cheese. And if you've never made these, DO IT! They are nutrionally dense and delicious.

And since you only need a waffle iron, you don't need to haet up your kitchen.

Be conscious of the ingredients to maximize the protein.

You can top them with anything you like, sweet and savory, including hummus or salad or peanut sauce (my fave).

And they totally feel like a cheat, but the protein is over the moon.

There are dozens of recipes, kindly assembled by LisaLisa in a chart. If you customize the basic recipe, post it here!

Back