• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

stalls 8 weeks PO

Hello, im now 8 weeks PO and i have seemed to stall i think in the last 8 weeks ive lost 35 lbs.. but is it normal to stall like this? is there something else i could do to change it and not stall anymore. i am open to all safe suggestions!!

Hello, im now 8 weeks PO and i have seemed to stall i think in the last 8 weeks ive lost 35 lbs.. but is it normal to stall like this? is there something else i could do to change it and not stall anymore. i am open to all safe suggestions!!
stalls are normal and may happen any time, regardless of what you're eating. I can't remember the term at the moment, but some stalls happen because the body is in "starvation mode," and it stops working right because it's confused.

A Google search came up with this:

"Starvation mode is a natural physiological response that occurs when the body is deprived of food or calories for an extended period of time. It's a way for the body to conserve energy and prolong survival by: Reducing metabolic rate, Retaining fat reserves, and Slowing weight loss."

Don't worry about it, but do keep your medical team and primary care doc apprised of how it's going. I hope you have a good follow-up with a nutritionist or dietician from the clinic or hospital where your procedure was performed.

Back