• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

taking a poll of the group

If you can read this, please respond by clicking on the link below.

I have contacted this group's administrators begging them to block the spammers from T*rkey, since group members have no way of doing that. They have not responded to me.

I have told them I'm going to leave this group if they don't take care of the problem. Apparently, they don't care.

I have discovered a Reddit group that addresses bariatric surgery, although I don't know if it's worth joining yet. Yahoo Groups has disappeared. I was going to suggest we all transfer over there, but the group I created disappeared with the whole Yahoo system.

I'm very frustrated and am ready to leave. If we all left, the spammers wouldn't have an audience anymore, so they'd leave too, as soon as they figured it out.

I've been a member of this group since 2008, so this is a huge deal to me. The last thing I want is to lose this very important source of support. But no one is posting except the spammers, and I feel lost, sad, lonely and adrift.

So I would like it if people would respond to this post, expressing whether or not they'd like to follow me over to the Reddit group. Since I know so many of you here, I would hate to lose our connection, but in truth. I've already lost everyone because everyone's gone quiet.

If anyone has a better idea, or would like to make a suggestion, I wish you would share it by responding to this post, or starting a new thread to the whole group.

I told the group owners that I was going to give them 48 hours to fix things before I left. But I haven't heard anything from them. And the 48 hours have expired.

What do you want to do? Do you have any ideas?

I would join you on Reddit!
Thank you, Bill. I've gone to Reddit and can't figure out how to join or use it, and it's very messy and filled with advertising. I've written to the group owners here AGAIN and told them I'd make an effort to LEAD CURRENT MEMBERS to a new group on Reddit. If anyone here knows how to use Reddit, including creating a profile and username, please feel free to message me.

I have contacted this group's administrators begging them to block the spammers from T*rkey, since group members have no way of doing that. They have not responded to me.

I have told them I'm going to leave this group if they don't take care of the problem. Apparently, they don't care.

I have discovered a Reddit group that addresses bariatric surgery, although I don't know if it's worth joining yet. Yahoo Groups has disappeared. I was going to suggest we all transfer over there, but the group I created disappeared with the whole Yahoo system.

I'm very frustrated and am ready to leave. If we all left, the spammers wouldn't have an audience anymore, so they'd leave too, as soon as they figured it out.

I've been a member of this group since 2008, so this is a huge deal to me. The last thing I want is to lose this very important source of support. But no one is posting except the spammers, and I feel lost, sad, lonely and adrift.

So I would like it if people would respond to this post, expressing whether or not they'd like to follow me over to the Reddit group. Since I know so many of you here, I would hate to lose our connection, but in truth. I've already lost everyone because everyone's gone quiet.

If anyone has a better idea, or would like to make a suggestion, I wish you would share it by responding to this post, or starting a new thread to the whole group.

I told the group owners that I was going to give them 48 hours to fix things before I left. But I haven't heard anything from them. And the 48 hours have expired.

I hope to stay in contact with you. I just started my journey and would hate to lose the group. I've interacted with several members and you all seem so supportive :)

I only recently joined this group and I don’t know anyone here yet. I hope I don’t have to leave but it’s concerning if the moderators don’t respond to you

Back