• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 month post VSG surgery question

mam

Hi everyone,
I am about 1 month post op, and am just curious if anyone out there can recall how they felt physically around that time. When I am sitting, I still feel tightness inside on my right side. I feel a little bit like my senses are on "high alert". I go for walks, so it's nothing that interferes with movement. Is it just me getting accustomed to this smaller stomach inside me and the internal stitches? I would appreciate any input/feedback. Thank you!

i had major surgery back iin the day, with a 7 inch vertical incision from my navel to my rib cage. fortunately, techniques have evolved drastically. massage helped, but very softly. you shouldn't be able to feel internal stitches. do see your doctor immediately. there are many things that can help.

Reactions: mam
Thank you, Dianeseattle. I don't know that I'm describing what I feel correctly to you. When I am sitting, I feel some tightness, particularly on my right side. But I will check it out with the doctor's office after the weekend. And I am not able to sleep on my right side without feeling some discomfort. It could be me feeling hypersensitive as I've never had a major surgery before.

Back