• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 week down 1 more week to go

Loops

So here is the good and the bad for my pre-op diet. I got an app on my phone called Baritastic and it's free and easy to use. I can log in weight, food intake, goals for protein and water. Highly recommend if looking for an app to log and keep track of things. I have a problem reaching my recommended calories and water intake. I'm trying just very hard. I noticed when I get busy with the kids I tend to skip meals and snacks; I need to do better. No caffeine and lowering of Carbs has given me some headaches and I'm tired. I have been taking a nap once and day and I am not a normal napper. I have lost 10 lbs definitely going to meet the recommended 5% loss. So if you're starting your journey try to ensure you have you meals when your supposed too. One more week til my surgery so anxious.

I wasn’t given a calorie amount, just a list of approved foods with serving sizes. I have never been a 3 meals a day person, so I’m struggling to eat 3 meals (even small ones) plus two protein shakes a day, and enough water. But I am getting better. I’m 10 days out from surgery.

You can set reminders in Baritastic, at least for vitamins. Pre- op, go ahead and set them to begin a regularly scheduled routine of meals. There is also a timer you can set to let you know when 30 minutes have passed after a meal and you should start sipping water again.

Making a schedule for meals is a great habit and one that should benefit you long after you're back on regular foods. I was told to eat 5-6 small meals a day. I still do so 2 1/2 years out. I'm like my cat .. I know when meal time is and expect my food promptly lol
Which is great, as long as I divide up my calories per meal in a responsible manner. Which I mostly do. Creating great habits sharpens your tool, increasing the effectiveness.

Back