• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 week post-op

For about the first 6 months, it was all head-hunger for me. That's the most difficult part to conquer. But you'll get there, especially as you start loosing drastically and see the rewards. :) Congratulations on your surgeries! A lot of our members have had to be postponed so you're very lucky you were able to have it when you did!

Good Morning,
Today it has been one week and I have experienced so many emotions. Does this get easier? Also, does everyone feel this hungry or is it possible I am not really feeling hungry?
I hope you are doing well today! I too had hunger, my stomach would growl. It surprised me! The protein shakes help so much with this. I kept one in the fridge and would take a few sips throughout the day and it helped a lot. When you can have it, the SF pudding is helpful also because it has more substance. If you are still having hunger rumblings, you can make the pudding thicker. I agree with others that it's important to separate head hunger from physical hunger. I battle head hunger now all the time! I'm 9 months out. I also still have the physical hunger. I know the physical will come about every 3 hours, so I plan something to have. I never go without a plan. For me, this is the easiest way to stay on track because I don't pull the old trick of staring into the fridge to see what I'm in the mood for...that never turns out well!

I’m 3 weeks post op. I’m still taking sips of fluids and tolerating them well. If I drink too fast I definitely feel it. I would suggest you start measuring your fluids to keep track of your fluid intake to make sure you are staying on top of it. I also don’t have a sense if I am full or not but I am told that will happen when I start eating soft foods....
Wishing you all the best!!

I’m 3 weeks post op. I’m still taking sips of fluids and tolerating them well. If I drink too fast I definitely feel it. I would suggest you start measuring your fluids to keep track of your fluid intake to make sure you are staying on top of it. I also don’t have a sense if I am full or not but I am told that will happen when I start eating soft foods....
Wishing you all the best!!
Good to know! Thank you!!

Back